Oh my Gosh. Muriel nominated me for a blog award in what, January, and nothing happened here. Okay, these
days months years, nothing is happening here at all. I wish I could tell you that I´m working on some exciting, time consuming creative project, but unless you consider life itself a time consuming, creative project, this would be a lie. Nevertheless, I always kind of liked blog awards, and I agree with Muriel that we shouldn´t let the genre die without at least trying to prolong the agony. No, that´s not what he said, that´s my interpretation. But now, onward to the award!
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog.
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
The creator is Okoto Enigma, and this is her blog.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
a) Whenever I should tell people x things about myself, 5 minutes later I arrive at the conclusion that I´m probably one of the most boring people on this planet.
b) I nearly didn´t comply with rule Nr. 4, part 2, because the recent entry is titled „3 Ultimate Must Have Beauty“ and then I stopped reading. I can´t stand this kind of headline. And the kind of text that usually follows.
c) I love the english language. Because of the huge vocabulary. There are words like „shenanigans“ in it. Shenanigans!
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Since they´re renominations (does this word exist? It does now), consider them notified.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
I´ll just leave five questions here. If you feel like it, you can answer them in the comment section, your own blog, your diary, in your head, …
a) Do you think there will be an „end of the world“?
b) Do we need nations?
c) Marx´ „Das Kapital“: Must read or best forgotten?
d) Do you avoid certain foods or ingredients?
e) Which of the questions above is the weird one?
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
And lo, Muriel asketh five questions, and I shall answer.
1. Do you like meat?
Okay, let me specify: things like steak or pot roast, very much. But I could live without ham or sausages, or any of the cheap stuff that´s just an insane amount of water and nitrite.
2. Do you think you’d write for Springer if they offered enough? For the purpose of this question, we will suppose that they might be generous, but the perspective should be in the realm of possibility, so if you’re going to say „Sure, for 500,000,000€ a day I might consider it“, please don’t. Or actually: Go ahead. You can just name a price. I guess that would be a good measure of your willingness to write for Springer, or lack of same.
Depends. Can I write anything I want, like this Wagner guy in BILD apparently does? Then I´m in for, let´s say, 2.000 € a month. Would I habe to work for BILD or WELT and produce „gripping“ titles and „emotional“ stories according to the spirit of the publication? No less than 20.000 € a month.
3. What’s your favorite post of mine?
This one. A good explanation, and it came at a time when I was very confused about messages in old books.
4. If you were caught in a different time stream than your own and had to kill Christian Weirich for a chance to return to your own, which kind of weapon would you use, if any?
First, I´m not sure I would kill someone, at least not right away. Second, I would use a weapon that provides some distance between me and Mr. Weirich, but is still effective – since I can´t shoot, a car seems a good option.
5. How do you feel about being nominated for this? Please be very honest and very extensive in your answer, especially if your feelings run in the general direction of „Was this really necessary I HATE those things!“
It was a miuxture of „Yeah! I´m not forgotten!“ and „This will be embarassing, because I will need a ridiculous amount of time to properly react to the nomination“, followed by „Ugh, there´s still this award, why can´t I just write the post, WHY“.
And now it´s done and I´m relieved.
Oh, one last thing: I mentioned creative projects above – I started a small side project for my sketches. The point is to do a sketch every day and battle the horror vacui that has settled in my brain. Whenever I find the time, a bulk of sketches goes online. You find them here: 365skizzen.wordpress.com.